My daughter is cranking out the words these days. I really can’t believe all the things she can say and what she picks up on. (Oh we must be so careful around here.) I remember a time when the doctors were concerned that she wasn’t recognizing commands and words when we asked her to do things. I think we can safely confirm now that she was simply ignoring us.
This week has been filled with some pretty hilarious outbursts and repetitive chanting by Miss S. Here are just a few of the strange and unbelievable things coming out of my toddler’s mouth:
1. ”Maaayy-beeee Armadillo”- I have no explanation for this. She has a book with an Armadillo in it that we’ve read maybe 3 times (it’s not a fave.) Apparently, that little guy made an impression.
2. ”People are sneeeeaky!”- My husband and I have no idea where Sylvie would’ve heard the word “sneaky.” We don’t think we’ve ever used it. (YMCA? We’re guessing that’s where she learned the word “diet”.) She even used it in context after I told Guido someone outbid me on Ebay. Yip, she turned straight to me and said it.
3. ”Move it!”- Oh how I regret saying this continually to our goats. My daughter will not say this anytime she wants someone out of her way. I guess I should’ve addressed our goats more like this: “Well, excuse me goats. Would you mind kindly moving towards that gate, please? I would really appreciate it.” Lol.
4. ”Chickadee Gandhi”- This came out of nowhere, and it is one of my daughter’s most repeated word combinations. I finally figured out that she sings a song that says, “Chickadee, fly through my window. Find molasses candy.” Candy and Gandhi? Close enough.
5. ”Shake your boooty”- self explanatory.
There are more mortifying things too such as leaving a bathroom at a store and having her say, “Mommy poop” to everyone we see. I DIDN’T, by the way. She also yells “BOOBS” if she sees even a hint of cleavage. (Thank goodness for fall turtlenecks.)
What sort of things have your children said that crack you up or embarrass you? Do you keep track of them all or write them down?